Meadowfoam is a small, herbaceous winter-spring annual. The name Meadowfoam is derived from the typical white blooming of plants which give the image of white foam covering the soil.
- Botanical Name: Limnanthes alba
- Aromatic Aroma: Has a slight oily aroma.
- Consistency: Typical and Characteristic of Carrier Oils.
- Extraction Method: Solvent Extraction
- Color: Pale yellow to golden yellow
- Common Uses: Contains 98% fatty acids long-chain carbon atoms. It is resistant to oxidation due to naturally occurring tocopherols, and is one of the most stable lipids known and will actually extend the shelf life of less stable ingredients. As a result, it has an extremely long shelf life.It has wonderful moisturizing and rejuvenating properties and is highly recommended for use in cosmetics and skin care products especially for its UV protection properties. It is a key ingredient in many different products such as suntan lotion, massage oils and lotions, hand/facial creams, hair and scalp products, cuticle repair cream, foundations, rouges, face powders, lip sticks, shampoos, shaving creams and various other balms.
- Shelf Life: Shelf life of 1 year with proper storage conditions (cool, out of direct sunlight). Refrigeration after opening is recommended.
- Absorption: Absorbs easily into the skin leaving a silky smooth feel.
- Cautions: None Known.
There are no additional images for this product.