Sweet Almond is an excellent emollient and is known for its ability to soften and re-condition the skin. It is rich in proteins, Olein Glyceride Linoleic Acid and Vitamin D, and is considered extremely nourishing - particularly when used regularly. It can be expected to sooth dry skin and irritated areas. Massage therapists should note that it can stain sheets.
- Botanical Name: Prunus dulcis
- Aromatic Aroma: Has very little aroma characteristic of most carrier oils.
- Consistency: Typical and Characteristic of Carrier Oils.
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Color: Pale yellow to golden yellow
- Common Uses: Has been used as an aromatic-bitter for anorexia, as a digestive tonic, to promote menstruation and to reduce fever and expel worms. It is also used by massage therapists.
- Shelf Life: Shelf life of 1 year with proper storage conditions (cool, out of direct sunlight). Refrigeration after opening is recommended.
- Absorption: Absorbs at average speed into skin, slight oil feeling left on skin.
- Cautions: None Known
There are no additional images for this product.